SO HOW FAR HAVE YOU COME WITH YOUR TENNIS? COULD YOU GO FURTHER WITH MORE INFORMATION / ON COURT HELP?
Where does confidence come from? Mainly from belief in your strokes.
Do you avoid the backhand and run around to hit a forehand?
Do you avoid the net area if you have weak volleys?
Do you rely on your second serve? Is it weak and short and easily attacked?
These are all common matchplay problems which lead to low confidence, poor results and probably frustration that you aren’t getting any better – and even worse – might give up this wonderful game???
This can be put right with help to identify what is wrong and how to fix them. With a “performer’s attitude” you can achieve an awful lot more than you might think.
COACHING TIPS FOR YOU TO WORK ON
1. Keep your feet in position for a consistent service
2. Meet the ball in front of the body for more power
3. A large backswing gives too much opportunity to mis-time the on-coming ball
4. Keep on balance for every shot
5. Topspin is created by stroking the back of the ball upwards
6. Slice is created by stroking the ball downwards
5. Have your racket restrung at least twice a year
6. Tight strings = more control but less power
7. Loose strings = more power and less control
8. A large racket grip can restrict technical stroke development
9. Playing tennis on very wet surfaces increase the weight of the ball in some cases by 50% which can lead to tennis elbow / golfers elbow and shoulder problems